Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Book Review


I read the book, Ida B. Wells-Barnett, by Catherine A. Welch. It was published by Carolrhoda Books, Inc., and its copyright date is 2000. I would definitely read another book by her. This biography was very detailed and informative, so I enjoyed reading it very much. Reading it actually made me feel like I was there with Ida and I was part of her amazing life. I would rate this book four out of five stars because the book was very good. However, it lacked interesting events and bored me at some parts.

All in all, the book was very well written and I would recommend it for people interested in the Civil War and the time period of segregation right after it. I think the book could have been better if the author would have put less about lynching and more about Ida's actual life. It didn't really mention her struggles that much, and when it did, there wasn't very much detail about it. Otherwise, the book was fantastic, and I would read another one of Catherine's books any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment